Archive for February, 2022
Valentine’s Day in Columbus
Downtown Columbus has the best spots to celebrate with your loved one. Check out how our favorite Arena District restaurants are celebrating this Valentine’s Day:
- Share the love with that special someone at Buca Di Beppo! Visit the Italian kitchen from February 11-14 to enjoy a delicious heart-shaped lasagna.
- Stop by Boston’s on February 14 for a heart-shaped pizza! Guests can also purchase a paper heart to support the No Kid Hungry campaign to end childhood hunger in America through Valentine’s Day.
- Check out an array of Winan’s gift baskets and boxed chocolate options that are sure to please the sweet tooth in your life.
- Treat yourself and someone special to Hofbrauhaus’ Special Valentine’s Day Menu on February 13 and 14. The menu includes 3-course dinner for two and one alcoholic beverage per person for $50.
“Pets Make Paw-fect Valentines” Photo Contest
Residents of the Arena District and Grandview Yard are sharing their ‘Paw-fect Valentines’ and need your votes to win!! Vote for your favorite resident pet on the Arena District Living and Apartments at the Yard Facebook pages starting Monday, February 7.
Let’s Go Crew
Get ready for the start of the 2022 Columbus Crew season and join fellow fans during Black & Gold week. Starting February 19, Crew fans will unite for a week full of events, community service, and more. Check out the full calendar of events here.
The 2022 season home opener is Saturday, February 26 at 3:30 pm. Cheer on the Columbus Crew at Lower.com Field as they take on the Vancouver Whitecaps FC for the opening match. Fuel up this season at one of the dozens of restaurants or bars located throughout the Arena District.
Check out the Crew’s season game schedule here.
For the Love of Hockey
Celebrate the month of love with your sweetheart at a Columbus Blue Jackets game! The
Blue Jackets are returning to Columbus for a series of home games at Nationwide Arena at the end of the month. Welcome the team back at one of these upcoming games:
- February 20 at 6 PM – Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Buffalo Sabres
- February 22 at 7 PM – Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Toronto Maple Leafs
- February 27 at 6 PM – Columbus Blue Jackets vs. Pittsburgh Penguins
View the 2021-22 season game schedule here.
2022 Arnold Sports Festival
The Arnold Sports Festival and Expo returns to Columbus! Mark your calendars for March 3-6 and watch more than 20,000 athletes from around the world compete in more than 60 sports and events making up the largest series of multi-sport festivals in the world.
Tickets are now on sale here.
Live Events in Downtown Columbus
Need a date idea? KEMBA Live! and Nationwide Arena hosts hundreds of live events and performances each year! Visit the Arena District Events page to stay updated on shows and events coming to Columbus.
Don’t miss these upcoming events:
- Ohio Valentines Love Affair: Xscap3, Monica | Nationwide Arena | February 12 | Tickets
- Yungblud | KEMBA Live! | February 19 | Tickets
- Bonobo | Kemba Live! | February 20 | Tickets
- WWE Monday Night Raw | Nationwide Arena | February 28 | Tickets
Be sure to check with entertainment venues for current health and safety requirements.
Food & Drink
Football Sunday Funday
The biggest game of the year deserves the best menu–lucky for you there’s a handful of neighborhood sports bars and restaurants to watch from in the Arena District and Grandview Yard. Come by early for the best seats in the house. Or, if you have other plans for the game, place a carryout order to-go so you don’t arrive empty handed!
National Margarita Day
National Margarita Day is February 22. Stop by Habaneros or Nada–our favorite Mexican spots in Columbus–and sip on a few refreshingly tasty margs! Did we mention the day falls on a Tuesday? Fulfill all your taco Tuesday desires while you celebrate the day.
Coming Soon: Goodwood Brewing
Located in the heart of the Arena District, Goodwood Brewing will be a new favorite spot for burgers, brunch and brews. Goodwood offers a traditional, southern menu with favorites such as Buffalo Cauliflower, Chicken and Waffles and Fried Green Tomatoes. The highly-anticipated taproom and brewery plans to open in March.
5th Line 5K Race Returns to Columbus
The OhioHealth 5th Line 5K is almost here! The race begins on February 26 at 10 am outside of Nationwide Arena. Participants will race on a 3.1-mile tour of downtown Columbus and the Arena District before “Finishing On Center Ice” inside Nationwide Arena.
All participants receive two tickets to a select Blue Jackets game during the 2021-22 season and a Blue Jackets-themed race shirt and finishers medal. Stick around after the race and enjoy food and drinks with fellow participants at the post-race party. Click here to register. If you are a resident of the Arena District or Grandview Yard check the Active Building resident portal for your special resident code!
Get Fit with Friends
Spring is near–join the Arena District Athletic Club and get in shape for the warmer seasons ahead. The Arena District Athletic Club offers both personal training sessions as well as group sessions for 2-4 people. Training with a group is an affordable way to get access to a personal trainer, which improves your techniques and gets you better results! Book a training session here.
5 Ways Anyone Can Have a Great Valentine’s Day 2022 in Columbus
Valentine’s Day is a special day to celebrate all the relationships in your life—whether it’s celebrating self-love, friends, family or a romantic partner. Show your love for those who matter most to you by sending messages of love and celebrating the day with them.
Here are a few ways you can ensure everyone you love has a great Valentine’s day:
Dinner for Two
- Share the love with Buca di Beppo’s Valentine’s Lasagna Lovefeast! Guests can choose to dine in or celebrate at home with a delicious lovefeast which includes a small salad, small garlic bread, heart-shaped lasagna and mini cannoli.
- Get Valentine’s dinner at the Haus! Hofbrauhaus’ Valentine’s Day menu will be available February 13-14. The three-course menu includes choice salad or soup, a main entree, dessert and one alcoholic beverage per person for only $50 a couple.
- Enjoy a traditional Brazilian style Valentine’s dinner with your sweetheart. Rodizio Grill’s Valentines menu features an expanded premium menu with a sweet and spicy twist and flavorful additions to their gourmet grilled meat rotation and gourmet salad area.
Ohio Valentine’s Love Affair
Turn up to your favorite R&B throwbacks at Nationwide Arena with your musical soulmate! The Ohio Valentine’s Love Affair will bring some of R&B’s most iconic acts together live on one stage on Saturday, February 12. The love song-filled concert will feature performances from Xscape, Monica, 112, Stokley and vocal group H-Town. Get your tickets here.
Galentine’s Day with the Girls
Valentine’s Day may be for lovers, but Galentine’s Day is for the girls! Celebrate a day of self love and pampering solo or with your besties at MY SALON Suite. From hair, nails and skin to botox, tanning and waxing, MY SALON Suite is your one-stop-shop for all your beauty and spa needs. Check out Peonies and Polish Studio’s Instagram page for some Valentine’s Day nail inspo! Book an appointment at MY SALON Suite here.
COSI After Dark: The Science of Love
Start your weekend early with friends at COSI After Dark: The Science of Love–an exclusive 21+ event and experience you can’t get at any other visit to COSI. On February 10, guests can explore COSI while enjoying delicious food, craft beer and themed cocktails. But that’s not all — if you book through Hilton Columbus Downtown, you’ll enjoy extra perks such as:
- Complimentary nightly valet parking
- Bubbly & Strawberries in-room upon arrival
- Two tickets to COSI After Dark’s “The Science of Love” event
- One room night in a Deluxe King at Hilton Columbus Downtown
- Breakfast for two at Gallerie Bar & Bistro (or delivered to your room) each day
Celebrate Bromance with Sports!
Who needs Valentine’s Day plans when the Super Bowl is on? Spend Sunday night cheering on your favorite team while filling up on your favorite brew at Whistle & Keg. Pick up some food on the way before the Big Game Watch Party at 6:30 PM. For more information, click here.
Buckeye Chuck did not see his shadow this year, predicting an earlier spring in Ohio. However, the current conditions including ice, snow, and chilly temperatures, hint that we will need to embrace the cold just a bit longer. Will you make the most out of your winter and bundle up for the snow, or stay toasty indoors?
Whatever you decide–we’ve got plenty of fun activities for you to try this season that will make the winter months fly by.
Fun on the Ice
Whether you’re looking to cheer on the Blue Jackets from the stands or show off your own skills on the ice, Nationwide Arena is the place to be! Here are some great upcoming events to check out:
- Take the little ones to Disney on Ice on Feb 4-6 as Mickey and friends bring your favorite Disney stories to life.
- Join the city’s biggest Blue Jackets fans at the team’s upcoming home games on February 20, 22, and 27. Check out the full season schedule here.
- Escape to the ice and enjoy open skating at the OhioHealth Ice Haus with friends.
- For female hockey fans, Hockey For Her is a special series of events offering unique experiences and behind-the-scenes looks at the Jackets organization
Host a Hot Cocoa Party
A cozy cup of hot cocoa is the perfect way to warm up after a day in the cold with neighbors and loved ones. Set up a low-maintenance, crowd-pleasing, hot cocoa bar with dozens of toppings for a fun twist on a seasonal favorite. Start with a theme, then build your bar with an array of toppings – from marshmallows to toffee, whipped cream to caramel sauce, a quick trip to Giant Eagle Market District will ensure you have everything you need to make the hot cocoa of your dreams! Pick up chalkboard labels for an Insta-ready look or even try a hot chocolate charcuterie board. Pair with hot cocoa-flavored dessert like these hot chocolate brownies.
Test Your Knowledge
Tap your brain and test your knowledge on Trivia Night Wednesdays at 7 PM with Whistle & Keg! Enjoy a friendly competition against your neighbors, friends, and fellow bar-goers for a chance to win one of many amazing prizes. Enjoy several craft beers on tap, wine, cider, and more.
Rock Out at KEMBA Live!
Hosting hundreds of events, performances, and concerts each year, KEMBA Live! has something for everyone. Check out the performance from Umphrey’s McGee–an up-and-coming American jam band that experiments with several musical styles– on February 17. Looking for something that fits your taste? Take a peek at the Arena District Events page to stay up to date on shows and events coming to Columbus this winter.
Host a Game Night
Keep the boredom at bay with a night full of play! Classic board games never go out of style and can entertain guests for hours. Order pick up from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants and enjoy a great night indoors. Learn how to make your own games if you don’t own any – ‘Celebrity’ is a great party game that can keep you entertained for hours.