At Home Warriors 5.15-5.21
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your At Home Warriors guide for of 5.15 – 5.21 in and around Columbus including carry-out, delivery and patio dining options from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
We are more than ready for patio season in the Arena District and Grandview Yard. PATIO’S ARE NOW OPEN! It’s been a long road for all of us and the restaurants can’t wait to see you.
- Patios NOW OPEN in the Arena District: Boston’s, Chipotle, Jimmy John’s, RBar, Sunny Street Cafe, Ted’s Montana Grill, Zoup!.
- Starbucks Arena District open Monday, May 18!
- Patio’s NOW OPEN in Grandview Yard: Brekkie Shack, Hofbräuhaus, Jason’s Deli, Panera Bread, and Winans Chocolates + Coffees + Wine
- CONTEST: Take a satisfied selfie at one of the above restaurants enjoying the patio’s reopening and tag @ArenaDistrict or @GrandviewYard for a chance to win a $25 gift card to one of the above restaurants of your choice. ENTER ARENA DISTRICT CONTEST HERE. ENTER GRANDVIEW YARD CONTEST HERE.
MIND AND BODY
- Stay Positive: As some of us are looking toward going back to work and the economy is starting to reopen, some of us are still dealing with stress, anxiety and continued work from home set-ups. This FREE Beyond Breath, online intro to happiness will teach you the power of your breath and meditation to relieve stress, ease anxiety and boost your immune system. Register HERE.
- Club Pilates: Club Pilates is offering virtual workouts. View weekly class offerings HERE. Call (614.776.0282) or e-mail the studio to get signed up!
- Arena District Athletic Club: Are you up to the challenge? View all Arena District Athletic Club 3-minute virtual workouts, HERE.
As many of us are currently working from home, and some of us are shifting to a permanent work from home environment, it is important to designate a specific space in your home to work. If you currently have a one-bedroom apartment and are feeling cramped, the Arena District and Grandview Yard offer many 1-bedroom options which include a den, perfect for transforming into a formal work space and lighter on the pocket than a full two-bedroom.
One-bedroom with a den available now:
- Clifton G floor plan , Arena Crossing in the Arena District: https://arenacrossing.com/Brochure/Clifton-G?siteId=1763072&fId=2439563
- Prescott floor plan – Brooks building at Apartments at the Yard in Grandview Yard: https://apartmentsattheyard.com/Brochure/Prescott?siteId=2816444&fId=3741221
- Quincy floor plan – Brooks building at Apartments at the Yard in Grandview Yard: https://apartmentsattheyard.com/Brochure/Quincy?siteId=2816444&fId=3741223
Need some inspiration? Read these steps to creating the perfect home office from Apartment Guide HERE or shop great office furniture options from Value City Furniture Here.
- Along the Scioto Mile Puzzle: Choose your difficulty level with a 6-piece to 897-piece virtual puzzle. Click HERE
- Wexner Center of Arts Virtual Screenings: Just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you can’t get a taste of film and culture. The Wex offers a variety of film and documentary screenings you can enjoy right from your living room. Here are a couple we thought looked interesting:
-Band of Outsiders: Jean-Luc Godard’s New Wave twist on the gangster film follows two young ne’er do wells who fall for luminous Anna Karina while enlisting her to pull off a robbery…in her aunt’s villa. The film’s mad dash through the Louvre and impromptu café dance sequence have been mimicked by filmmakers ever since. (97 mins, digital video) Learn more HERE.
-What She Said: The Art of Pauline Kael: “An exquisitely crafted documentary about the woman who was arguably the greatest movie critic who ever lived.” (-Variety) Learn more HERE.
- Met Opera streams: Metropolitan Opera is offering free nightly shows! This weekend view Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor, Verdi’s Rigoletto and Verdi’s Nabucco. Week 9 happening’s HERE.
- Neighborhood Bingo: Celebrate the Arena District and Grandview Yard neighborhoods with at-home bingo! Take a stroll through McFerson Commons, complete an at-home workout with Arena District Athletic Club, order in your favorite food from neighboring restaurants! Play your friends and neighbors in a game of bingo and tag us socially with your completed bingo card for extra bragging rights! Arena District Living bingo HERE Apartments at the Yard bingo HERE.
- The (Virtual Columbus Job Fair): Unfortunately for some, the pandemic has had a negative effect on employment status. On Wednesday, June 3 at 1 pm, you will have a chance to meet employers face to face, virtually. Click HERE to register for The (Virtual) Columbus Job Fair.
- Tour de’ Grandview Virtual June 1-12: The Tour de’ Grandview Rides on – attracting an international field of several hundred professional cyclists to central Ohio each year, as well as cycling enthusiasts and spectators from throughout the Midwest. Although this year takes a different spin, you’ll have 12 days to track your miles virtually! Earn awards when you hit each goal. Bike, Walk, Run OR Scooter! Registration closes May 31 so be sure to register HERE! This event is sponsored by the City of Grandview Heights.
Until next time Warriors…
Leave a Reply