At Home Warriors 6.19 – 6.25
Just because you are spending more time at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your At Home Warriors guide for 6.19 – 6.25. Get in on the action or take action in and around Columbus through digital events and activities, open dining options, community support initiatives and more.
Community Days at Franklin Park Conservatory: Community Days are a chance for Franklin County and City of Columbus residents to enjoy free admissions to experience art, culture and nature on the first Sunday of the month in July and August. Reservations are available for Sunday, July 5 and August 2. Spots are filling up, claim your spot HERE.
COSI Connects: The Franklin County Commissioners and COSI have formed a partnership in an attempt to strengthen child learning while camps and summer programming have been affected by the pandemic. COSI Connects is COSI’s digital doorway for at-home science discovery and learning. They provide exciting and engaging science through COSI videos and hands-on learning you can experience at home. Learn more HERE.
Mid-Ohio Foodbank – volunteer opportunities: Sorting and packaging, shopping for groceries and community gardening are just a few ways you can get involved in volunteering your time at the Mid-Ohio Foodbank. During times of hardship, especially, your time and dedication are so important in serving Ohio families that need nourishment. Feel good and give back. Learn more about volunteer opportunities HERE.
Celebrate Juneteenth in Columbus: Juneteenth is an annual celebration to commemorate the official end of slavery in the United States. From free festivals to park barbeque, marches and pop-up markets, Experience Columbus has put a great list together of ways to show support and get involved this weekend HERE.
During this time of change, you may have realized you are ready for a new home – a bigger workspace, closer proximity to parks and recreation, a swimming pool, whatever you are searching for, there are options available. The sales and leasing teams in the Arena District and Grandview Yard want you to feel comfortable, whatever your preference – an online virtual tour, a video walk-through or an in-person tour, they are ready to help you find your new home and preferred lifestyle.
- Parks Edge Condominiums: Your lifestyle has an address, make Parks Edge condominiums in the Arena District, your new home. With some of the best views Columbus Downtown has to offer, you’ll enjoy picture-postcard views of the Columbus skyline and riverfront through your floor-to-ceiling windows and from your private balcony. With modern appliances, designer finishes and access to surrounding amenities and rooftop pool, you’ll appreciate the elevated lifestyle experienced as a Parks Edge homeowner. Tour Virtually HERE, or contact the sales team to learn more: 614.221.9900.
- Flats II Apartments: As a Flats II resident, proximity is everything, within a minute walk to the pool and fitness facility located at the Flats on Vine clubhouse, nearby parks including McFerson Commons and the Scioto Mile, access to the resident only VIP program; providing discounts and promotions to neighboring businesses and events, plus beautiful interiors including granite countertops, wood-like plank flooring, and modern lighting. Discover the perfect home in the heart of downtown Columbus. View Flats II virtually HERE, or contact the leasing team to schedule an in-person tour 614.225.1500.
Carry-out, patio, dine-in
Father’s Day is this Sunday – treat the dad in your life to a special meal this weekend in downtown Columbus!
- Now open for dine-in in the Arena District: Boston’s, Buca Di Beppo, Jimmy Johns, R Bar, Rodizio Grill, Sunny Street Café, Ted’s Montana Grilland Zoup.
- Grandview Yard Dine-In updates: Hofbrauhaus,Jason’s Deli, Panera Bread and Winans are NOW OPEN for dine-in!
We also found some unique gift ideas from Grandview Yard businesses:
- Winans Grandview Yard: Treat dad to a Winans chocolate-dipped Bourbon or Old-Fashioned bottle and a classic Bourbon Cherry, in partnership with Watershed Distillery. Order HERE.
- Hofbräuhaus Columbus: Give dad a membership in the 1589 Growler Club for something unique! Includes a 64 oz. ‘drink tank’ growler with lifetime warranty, monthly growler fills and additional discounted fills. Get More Information
More food news:
- Boston’s Pizza is now offering resident nights to Arena District and Grandview Yard residents when you show your VIP card! Enjoy 25% Monday – Thursday. View full offer and additional resident VIP details HERE.
- Zoup! is now offering coffee and breakfast services! Breakfast menu items available 7:30am – 10:30am Monday-Friday. Coffee is served all day and food selections include breakfast sandwiches, berry bread, and a sandwich + drink combo.
Sports and Fitness
Fox Sports Replays: Re-live the excitement, more game replay dates announced!
- Tuesday, June 23 at 8pm • CBJ vs. Capitals, aired 12.16.2019
- Wednesday, June 24 at 8pm • CBJ vs. Red Wings, aired 12.17.2019
- Thursday, June 25 at 8pm and Friday June 26 at 12pm • CBJ vs. Kings, aired 12.19.2019
TBT – The Basketball Tournament
Carmen’s Crew, The Ohio State alumni team and TBT defending champion, have been given the top overall seed in this year’s 24-team field. All TBT games this summer will be played under quarantine at Nationwide Arena in Columbus, Ohio, from July 4-14. Carmen’s Crew is organized by former Ohio State Buckeyes star Jared Sullinger (2010-12). Sullinger will coach Carmen’s Crew for the second straight year alongside Evan Turner (2007-10) and Leon Rodgers (Northern Illinois).
TBT’s opening round will take place from July 4-5. The quarterfinals will be held on July 10 and July 11 with the semifinals on July 12. The 2020 TBT Championship Game will be played on July 14, when one player will hit a shot to win his team $1 million.
For more information on Carmen’s Crew and this year’s TBT, visit TheTournament.com.
Club Pilates: Club Pilates is open and taking extra precautions to make the studio safe and clean by sanitizing every piece of equipment between classes. View the class schedule online: https://www.clubpilates.com/location/grandviewyard
Until next week warriors – please stay safe and continue to show support and love to each other.