Nearly 21 months after groundbreaking, new Crew Stadium will finally open its gates.
The new $313.9 million stadium located west of the Arena District at Astor Park will officially open for the first game on July 3 when the Crew plays the New England Revolution at 5 p.m. The game will be broadcasted on ESPN.
Crew home schedule
April 18 — Philadelphia Union (FS1)
May 8 — DC United
May 29 — Toronto FC
Jun 19 — Chicago Fire
July 3 — New England Revolution (ESPN)
July 17 — New York City FC
July 21 — Nashville SC
Aug. 4 — DC United
Aug. 7 — Atlanta United
Aug. 21 — Seattle Sounders (FOX)
Aug. 27 — FC Cincinnati (ESPN)
Sept. 14 — New York Red Bulls
Sept. 25 — CF Montreal
Oct. 16 — Inter Miami
Oct. 23 — New York Red Bulls
Oct. 27 — Orlando City SC
Nov. 7 — Chicago Fire
Read the full, Columbus Dispatch article HERE.
Up Front in Cbus helps you stay up to date on everything downtown Columbus and Grandview Yard—from community events and news to dining options and apartment guides. Click here to read more weekly digests.
Celebrate Holidays in Cbus
This year the holiday season is unlike any other, but that doesn’t mean there aren’t still plenty of ways to celebrate safely in Cbus! Try visiting the Holiday Blooms in the Botanical Gardens and enjoy hundreds of colorful, unique poinsettias—or take advantage of social distanced options such as drive-in activities at the South Drive-In or Community Drive-In. Experience Columbus has a great compilation of things to do to keep your mood and season merry throughout the downtown area and surrounding neighborhoods.
Host a Virtual Ugly Holiday Sweater Party
If you’re looking for a creative way to have fun with friends or family this season, try hosting a virtual ugly holiday sweater party! You can craft something yourself using items around the house, or pick one up at a local store. Before the party, set the mood by decorating the space behind you or uploading a festive (or funny) video background. Then, since this is a party centered around ugly sweaters, you could put on a fashion show. Have your guests take turns strutting their stuff across the screen and hold a vote for categories like ugliest sweater, most creative, etc.
It may feel different than your traditional holiday party, but hosting a virtual event is a great way to have fun while staying socially distanced.
Enjoy a Live Performance from the Trans-Siberian Orchestra
For many, the Trans-Siberian Orchestra music is a holiday tradition. While the annual concert event is typically held at Nationwide Arena, this year, the rock band will live-stream their show, “Christmas Eve and Other Stories,” on Friday, December 18, at 8 p.m.
Order your live-stream tickets now and place a holiday-themed carryout order from a neighborhood restaurant to enjoy during the show.
Shop and Dine Local #inGrandview
Grandview Heights is hosting Grandview Heights-OPOLY, a fun spin on Monopoly, to support the community through December 14. Anyone can play, and many Grandview Yard businesses are joining in on the fun. Collect all of the properties for a chance to win gift baskets just in time for the holidays! Prizes range from $25 gift baskets to $150 value baskets.
Click here to register. And make sure to keep your eye out for the Shop Local – Dine Local logo as you support local businesses throughout Grandview Heights.
Apartment Decorating for the Winter Holidays
It’s that time of the year! Time to pull out your holiday decorations and add some sparkle to your Columbus downtown apartment. To get inspired, visit the Arena District Living and Apartments at the Yard Facebook albums to view submissions from residents participating in the holiday spirit contest.
If you are in search of a new apartment but short on time near the holidays, visit the Apartments at the Yard and Arena District Living YouTube channel to tour virtually, when convenient. What better gift than a new home for the holidays?
The Perfect Gift for your Pet Roommate
When buying gifts this holiday season, don’t forget about your pet roommates! To find a list of the top items to get their tail wagging, check out great gift ideas from BarkEats—a Columbus-based dog-food delivery company and the maker of BarkBox. If you are still in search of the perfect pet-friendly apartment, Apartments at theYard, Flats on Vine and Flats II properties allow both cats and dogs.
Food & Drink
Meet Santa Curbside at Ted’s Montana Grill
This weekend only—December 12 & 13 from 11 AM – 4 PM—when you place a curbside pickup order online or by calling (614) 227-0013, Santa will personally bring your order to the car! If you order online, please feel free to put your children’s names in the notes section so that Santa can personally address them, or simply tell our staff over the phone. Cheers to making spirits bright!
In the spirit of the season, the Arena District and Grandview Yard neighborhoods are running a giveaway for restaurant gift cards! Now through January 4, 2021, share a photo of your meal (carryout or dine-in) on social media by tagging @arenadistrict or @grandviewyard—depending on the location—for a chance to win a gift card to an Arena District or Grandview Yard restaurant of your choice.
You’ll get a double entry if you incorporate festive attire or decorations in the photo, like a Santa hat, light-up necklace or ugly holiday sweater!
Eat, Drink and Be Merry
Support your neighborhood eateries this holiday season! Pair cozy movie nights with carryout or delivery from your favorite restaurants. Gift cards also make for easy stocking stuffers that last well beyond the holidays!
- Whistle & Keg | To-go growlers available to enjoy seasonal brews at home.
- Hofbräuhaus Columbus | Hofbrauhaus just tapped their festive Christmas Lager: Weihnachtsbier—a flavorful malty, amber lager with a nice hop “spiciness” in the finish.
- R Bar Arena | At-home happy hour or dine-in for the full ultimate hockey bar experience as we anticipate the Blue Jackets’ upcoming 20th
- Zoup! | Stock up on XL containers of your favorite Zoup! soup.
Health & Fitness
Give the Gift of Wellness from ADAC & Club Pilates
Gift a loved one—or treat yourself—with a membership to a nearby fitness studio! Both the Arena District Athletic Club and Grandview Yard’s Club Pilates offer custom membership options to fit your needs. Offering a spacious, clean and thoroughly sanitized environment, both venues offer the perfect place to get your heart rate up while staying safe this winter.
Virtual CBJ 20K
Registration for the Columbus Blue Jackets OhioHealth CBJ 20K is now open! The Virtual 20K, in recognition of the upcoming 20th NHL season, welcomes all runners and walkers. The rules are simple—just run or walk 20 kilometers (approx. 12.4 miles) anywhere, anytime, between January 11-30, 2021.
Register by December 28, and CBJ will mail you your race bib, event shirt and finisher’s medal before the event! Sign up for this virtual race event taking place in January at CBJ20K.com.
In this week’s Up Front in Cbus we decided to make a blog specific to perfecting a low-key Thanksgiving. While we remain thankful for all of the positive moments, our friends and family and our love for the holiday season, Thanksgiving is shaping up to look a bit different than in years past. While many are celebrating small, there are still a lot of fun ways to make a big impact! Make the most of your low-key 2020 Thanksgiving with these ideas and tips.
Virtual Thanksgiving Dinner
The best part of Thanksgiving is sharing a meal with loved ones. If you can’t all be in the same dining room this year, one way to recreate that feeling is for households to eat together over video chat. Tools like Zoom, Skype, BlueJeans and more allow multiple individuals to see and hear each other, no matter how far away they may be.
To keep things fun, engaging, and still centered around food, try creating a shared spreadsheet amongst your group with a menu of different recipes. You can all cook the same dishes, and present the finished products over your video call. For the best groceries and ingredients in Columbus, we recommend Giant Eagle Market District, which is extremely close for residents of Grandview Yard.
Skip the Cooking
If you prefer to skip the fuss of cooking and baking this year, then you’ll enjoy the multitude of delicious, professionally prepared and ready-to-go Thanksgiving meals offered by several great restaurants in the Arena District and Grandview Yard, including:
- Buca di Beppo
- Offers a hot & ready-to-serve Thanksgiving feast for 3-6 which includes sliced white turkey meat, spicy Italian sausage stuffing, green beans, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie.
- Sunny Street Cafe
- Sleep in and eat a late Thanksgiving breakfast featuring Sunny Street’s signature Pumpkin Pancakes!
- Spice up your holiday with Nada’s tasty array of Mexican-inspired flavors, all available to-go!
- Hofbrauhaus Columbus
- You can’t celebrate a low-key Thanksgiving without some Columbus-brewed beer to quench your thirst! Stop by Hofbrauhaus in Grandview Yard and pick up a growler for yourself or as a host gift.
- R Bar Arena + Boston’s
- Looking for a more classic meal you can sit back and enjoy with the Thanksgiving football games? Both Boston’s and R Bar Arena District make the essentials you need to have yourself a great and relaxing day.
Decorate with Festive Flair
If your Thanksgiving gathering isn’t happening this year, you can still celebrate the holiday by decorating your space with minimalist fall-themed accents like pumpkims, dried flowers, colorful maize, leafy garlands and plaid decor. Even if you live alone, there are many ways to bring Thanksgiving to life inside your Columbus apartment!
One thing that will boost your mood, and your confidence is a visit to the salon — whether visiting loved ones or friends in a small group or over video chat, you’ll feel and look your best. Pamper yourself with a makeover at MY SALON Suite in Grandview Yard, which offers hair, nails, skincare and spray tan appointments all under one roof. Or, you can try a new way to stay active by booking a full-body workout at Club Pilates Grandview Yard.
Make it Memorable
What better way to reflect on the past year—and remember where you were during historical events—than by making a Thanksgiving 2020 Time Capsule you can open years later? Grab an empty shoebox or large container, decorate it and fill it with objects like newspaper clippings, a note from yourself with thoughts about the pandemic, a list of all the shows you binged, a patterned facemask, etc. Get as creative and personal as you want with this unique project!
We hope you have a safe and happy Thanksgiving 2020!
Nationwide Arena Celebrates 20 Years
Nationwide Arena Milestones
To celebrate 20 years of Nationwide Arena this month, this interactive Arena District webpage is dedicated to the Arena and Blue Jackets’ 20th anniversary! Check out the timeline of Nationwide Arena milestone events, click through achieved construction photos and videos, and see fan’s favorite memories at the arena tagged with #MyArenaMemory.
What are YOUR favorite arena moments? Did you attend a Blue Jackets season opener? Or maybe you caught a guitar pick from a concert at Nationwide Arena? Share your photos on social media by using the hashtag #MyArenaMemory and tagging @ArenaDistrict on Facebook, Instagram and/or Twitter. Each week the Arena District shares archived photos, milestone moments, and favorite events that have occurred over the course of 20 years.
Columbus Blue Jackets Celebrate 20th Season
The Columbus Blue Jackets designed a special 20th season logo to celebrate the franchise’s 20th season in the National Hockey League!. If you’re as excited as us about the Blue Jackets 20th season, check out the Blue Jackets fan page and try taking the “You Don’t Know Jack(ets)” quiz for a chance to win a CBJ 20th Anniversary prize pack.
Food & Drinks
Stop in for Authentic American Dining at Ted’s Montana Grill
Take a trip to the Old West and enjoy some classic American cuisine at Ted’s Montana Grill. A perfect destination for lunch or dinner, Ted’s upscale, casual restaurant offers an assortment of fresh, made-from-scratch foods, and a bar with premium spirits. Plus, the Avalon Burger is guaranteed to be delicious, whether you’re dining in or enjoying it to-go! View the full menu here.
Enjoy Fall Sweets at Winans Grandview Yard
Have you been craving a delicious fall treat? Well, look no further than Winans Chocolates + Coffees + Wine. The Grandview Yard location has officially stocked up on must-have sweets for the fall season. Ranging from milk chocolate pumpkin suckers to fall assorted mini jewels, you can taste the festivities in every bite. Check out the complete list of treats and try them for yourself.
Events & Entertainment
Listen to Live Music at Hofbräuhaus Columbus
Live music is back at Hofbräuhaus Columbus! Stop in on a Friday or Saturday after 6 p.m. and enjoy the very best in authentic Bavarian bier, food and entertainment. Try the restaurant’s very own haus-brewed Festbier, on tap now! Haus-brewed and delicious, this Amber Lager with a slightly spicy hint of hops in flavor and finish was made to celebrate the wedding of Prince Ludwig in its original form.
Dress Up in Your Best Costume During HighBall Halloween
The city’s most elaborate costume party, HighBall Halloween hosted by HighBall Columbus, will be taking place virtually this year. Beginning as a one-night event in 2008, and continuing to thrive over the years, HighBall Halloween’s costume contest is a way to support local artists and designers in a safe and supportive manner.
Choosing an Established Neighborhood in Arena District
Looking to live downtown in a well-kept neighborhood? Try exploring properties in the Arena District like Arena Crossing, Flats on Vine or Flats II. With bars, restaurants, and entertainment just walking distance from home, living here surrounds you with everything you need to live, work and play in style. Including patrolled security, 24-hour maintenance, and an intercom entry system, you can feel safe while living in the heart of downtown. Plus, with amenities like outdoor pools, private balconies, and an outdoor kitchen and BBQ area, you may never want to leave home. Learn more about apartment amenities and availability on the Arena District website.
Finding a Pet Friendly Apartment
Looking for a spot downtown that is pet friendly? There are plenty of Columbus Downtown Apartments to choose from. For example, Apartments at the Yard are cat and dog friendly, Arena Crossing allows your feline friends, and Flats on Vine and Flats II recently updated their pet policy, making both properties cat and dog friendly!
Live like a VIPDid you know when you live in the Arena District and Grandview Yard, you are granted special access to a Resident VIP Program? Upon move-in residents receive a VIP card which unlocks access to nearly 30 resident’s VIP offerings and discounts. Recently added, Whistle & Keg is offering residents 25% off for Happy Hour from 4-7pm every Tuesday – Friday.
Just because you are spending more time at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your At Home Warriors guide for 5.29 – 6.4 including activities and updates in and around Columbus including carry-out, delivery, patio and select dine-in options from some of your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants, allowing you to live, work and play, safe.
We’ve been missing our hockey lately but now are ready for the playoffs! The Columbus Blue Jackets clinched a playoff spot among 24 teams. Columbus will face Toronto in the playoff qualifying series under the format announced by the league. “As we seek some return to normalcy, this is an important day, particularly for NHL fans,” Bettman said. “Since March 12, we have been hopeful and optimistic that by developing all options and alternatives, we could get to this point. I know I join sports fans everywhere when I say we cannot wait for our players to hit the ice again.” The Columbus Blue Jackets share more regarding the NHL framework towards capping the 2019-2020 season HERE.
While we are excited about the Columbus Blue Jackets playoff return, we are also excited to jump into the recreation of sports ourselves. If you’re ready to get back to the field, ice, court or diamond, you can read through a breakdown of recent requirements and resources to safely return to your love of the game: Read more from the Greater Columbus Sports Commission HERE.
Eat Local, Support Local
Carry-out, patio, dine-in
As regulations are softly being lifted, the restaurants in the Arena District and Grandview Yard are doing all they can to stay safe and carry on. While some restaurants have re-opened patios, others are continuing to add dine-in options. The restaurants are excited to serve their patrons and are thankful for the support of your carry-out business over the last couple of months.
We have been enjoying patio season in the Arena District including Whistle & Keg, now open and providing a touchless beer pour to help keep customers safe. With a wide-variety of flavors available, you can taste test and tap a variety of options, we have our eye on the Chocolate Banana Carnival Series Blond Ale, Yum!
While you are out and about this weekend in the Arena District and surrounding downtown areas, we ask that our readers please be extra precautious and stay safe.
Grandview Yard Dine-In updates: Hofbrauhaus, Jason’s Deli, Panera Bread and Winans are NOW OPEN for dine-in! Hofbräuhaus Columbus has just released a full slate of flavored biers to enjoy the season. We see you Pineapple Weizen!
View a full list of open restaurants, HERE.
Mind and Body
It is important during times of stress and change to focus on your health and wellness.
Club Pilates re-opening
Club Pilates studio has reopened! If you’re looking for a new workout, try Pilates, it’s for everyone. Health and safety measures are being taken with new studio guidelines to provide members with a safe class experience. Virtual classes are still available and easy to do from home! View class schedules and register: HERE.
Columbus Crew continues virtual workouts
This week, the Columbus Crew shows you how to replace weights with strength of your body with a series of squats, crawls, planks, mountain climbers and more. Checkout this living room workout from Kelly Roderick, asst. strength and conditioning coach HERE.
Arena District Athletic Club virtual workout library
Are you up to the challenge? View all Arena District Athletic Club high intensity, 3-minute virtual workouts, HERE.
Check out Arena Crossing’s newly furnished model home:
Our newly designer-furnished model home will have you crushing! Not only will you have the opportunity to find the apartment home and lifestyle you’ve envisioned, you’ll get inspired to make the most of your space! Contact leasing to schedule an appointment.
Contact the Arena Crossing Leasing staff to schedule a tour of the newly model home HERE
Visit the Arena District Living YouTube channel to view all property models HERE
Until next time warriors….
Just because you are spending more time at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your At Home Warriors guide for of 5.22 – 5.28 in and around Columbus including carry-out, delivery, patio and select dine-in options from some of your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants, allowing you to live, work and play, safe.
Columbus Blue Jackets & Fox Sports Ohio
RE-LIVE THE EXCITEMENT WITH FOX SPORTS OHIO REPLAYS: Columbus Blue Jackets and FOX Sports Ohio continue to bring fans special programming while the NHL season has been paused.
- Friday, May 22 & Saturday May 23 at 8pm • 2015 NHL ALL-STAR GAME, the 2015 NHL All-Star Game featured Blue Jackets captain Nick Foligno leading the home squad
- Saturday, May 24 at 8pm • CBJ v. Canadiens, aired 11.4.2016
- Monday, May 25 at 8pm • CBJ vs. Red Wings, aired 4.3.2018
We are also excited for Boone Jenner who has been named the 2019-20 community MVP for exemplifying service, dedication and leadership throughout the season.
Join the Columbus Clippers with CommUNITY First, in partnership with Feeding America, is raising funds for local food banks and honoring local heroes on the pandemic’s front lines. For every $10 donated through this campaign, one ticket to a future MiLB game will be donated to a hero of the pandemic. Donations will be distributed by Feeding America to the local food bank within the Feeding America network nearest to the selected MiLB team. If a team is not selected, funds will go to the Feeding America COVID-19 Response Fund, providing food assistance and supplies to communities most affected by the pandemic. Learn more HERE
Continue down the road to resilience with at home workouts with Columbus Crew SC’s Strength and Conditioning Staff. This week’s workout has an exercise with tempo (in order to mimic more resistance) followed by a similar unresisted explosive exercise. This type of training is known as a contrast training and it will help to maximize muscular recruitment for each tempo exercise. Kick off your next workout with the Columbus Crew, HERE.
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
As regulations are softly being lifted, the restaurants in the Arena District and Grandview Yard are doing all they can to stay safe and carry on. While some restaurants have started re-opening patios as of last week, others are also adding dine-in options back to operations. The restaurants are excited to serve their patrons and are thankful for the support of your carry-out business over the last couple of months.
Arena District Dine-In updates: Boston’s, Buca Di Beppo, Jimmy Johns, R Bar, Rodizio Grill, Sunny Street Café, Ted’s Montana Grill and Zoup are NOW OPEN for dine-in! Whistle & Keg is also now open with a touchless beer pour to help keep customers safe.
View a full list of open restaurants, HERE.
The Red Cross is coming to Nationwide Arena for a blood drive on Thursday, May 28.
Walk-ins are welcome but scheduling in advance is preferred. Click HERE and use sponsor code: GMC.
Date: Thursday, May 28 from 10am – 4pm
Location: Front Street lobby of Nationwide Arena
Promowest TV: Many of us in and around the Arena District are missing live music from Express Live, A&R Music Bar and Nationwide Arena. While we await our next in-person music experience, we can enjoy reliving some our best nights from the comfort of our living room. Check out Promowest TV for some of your favorite Columbus performances HERE.
On another positive note, Dave Grohl, singer of Foo Fighters, has powerful words on his love and passion for live music, the effect it has had on him, the energy of the crowd and our basic needs for each other. “I don’t know when it will be safe to sing arm in arm at the top of our lungs. But we will do it again, because we have to”. Read the article HERE.
Apartment Tours online: You are practicing social distancing but are in need of finding a new home. Arena District Living and Apartments at the Yard are offering virtual tours on YouTube as well as scheduled live virtual tours with leasing consultants.
Click the links below to view apartment model and available homes and contact the leasing team by email to learn more.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events in Columbus:
Tour de’ Grandview Virtual June 1-12: The Tour de’ Grandview Rides on – attracting an international field of several hundred professional cyclists to central Ohio each year, as well as cycling enthusiasts and spectators from throughout the Midwest. Although this year takes a different spin, you’ll have 12 days to track your miles virtually! Earn awards when you hit each goal. Bike, Walk, Run OR Scooter! Registration closes May 31 so be sure to register HERE! This event is sponsored by the City of Grandview Heights.
Columbus Arts Fest in Place June 12-14: One of Columbus’ most anticipated events, The Columbus Arts Festival, of course, found a creative way to allow the art show to go on. The Columbus Arts Fest In Place, is happening June 12-14 and will feature the people that really bring the festival to life: Artists, volunteers, sponsors, patrons and community members. You can shop for your next art piece directly online from 2020 juried Arts Fest artists, explore artists and performers and get involved by participating in the Arts Fest Chalk Challenge! Learn More.
Ohio History Connection June 13 at 4:30 and 8:30PM: Bring the family for a classic drive-in theater experience! Watch Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark from the comfort and safety of your own car in the parking lot at the Ohio History Center. Bring your own snacks or purchase a snack pack there. The show is FREE but registration by car is required, register Learn More.
Until next time warriors….
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your At Home Warriors guide for of 5.15 – 5.21 in and around Columbus including carry-out, delivery and patio dining options from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
We are more than ready for patio season in the Arena District and Grandview Yard. PATIO’S ARE NOW OPEN! It’s been a long road for all of us and the restaurants can’t wait to see you.
- Patios NOW OPEN in the Arena District: Boston’s, Chipotle, Jimmy John’s, RBar, Sunny Street Cafe, Ted’s Montana Grill, Zoup!.
- Starbucks Arena District open Monday, May 18!
- Patio’s NOW OPEN in Grandview Yard: Brekkie Shack, Hofbräuhaus, Jason’s Deli, Panera Bread, and Winans Chocolates + Coffees + Wine
- CONTEST: Take a satisfied selfie at one of the above restaurants enjoying the patio’s reopening and tag @ArenaDistrict or @GrandviewYard for a chance to win a $25 gift card to one of the above restaurants of your choice. ENTER ARENA DISTRICT CONTEST HERE. ENTER GRANDVIEW YARD CONTEST HERE.
MIND AND BODY
- Stay Positive: As some of us are looking toward going back to work and the economy is starting to reopen, some of us are still dealing with stress, anxiety and continued work from home set-ups. This FREE Beyond Breath, online intro to happiness will teach you the power of your breath and meditation to relieve stress, ease anxiety and boost your immune system. Register HERE.
- Club Pilates: Club Pilates is offering virtual workouts. View weekly class offerings HERE. Call (614.776.0282) or e-mail the studio to get signed up!
- Arena District Athletic Club: Are you up to the challenge? View all Arena District Athletic Club 3-minute virtual workouts, HERE.
As many of us are currently working from home, and some of us are shifting to a permanent work from home environment, it is important to designate a specific space in your home to work. If you currently have a one-bedroom apartment and are feeling cramped, the Arena District and Grandview Yard offer many 1-bedroom options which include a den, perfect for transforming into a formal work space and lighter on the pocket than a full two-bedroom.
One-bedroom with a den available now:
- Clifton G floor plan , Arena Crossing in the Arena District: https://arenacrossing.com/Brochure/Clifton-G?siteId=1763072&fId=2439563
- Prescott floor plan – Brooks building at Apartments at the Yard in Grandview Yard: https://apartmentsattheyard.com/Brochure/Prescott?siteId=2816444&fId=3741221
- Quincy floor plan – Brooks building at Apartments at the Yard in Grandview Yard: https://apartmentsattheyard.com/Brochure/Quincy?siteId=2816444&fId=3741223
- Along the Scioto Mile Puzzle: Choose your difficulty level with a 6-piece to 897-piece virtual puzzle. Click HERE
- Wexner Center of Arts Virtual Screenings: Just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you can’t get a taste of film and culture. The Wex offers a variety of film and documentary screenings you can enjoy right from your living room. Here are a couple we thought looked interesting:
-Band of Outsiders: Jean-Luc Godard’s New Wave twist on the gangster film follows two young ne’er do wells who fall for luminous Anna Karina while enlisting her to pull off a robbery…in her aunt’s villa. The film’s mad dash through the Louvre and impromptu café dance sequence have been mimicked by filmmakers ever since. (97 mins, digital video) Learn more HERE.
-What She Said: The Art of Pauline Kael: “An exquisitely crafted documentary about the woman who was arguably the greatest movie critic who ever lived.” (-Variety) Learn more HERE.
- Met Opera streams: Metropolitan Opera is offering free nightly shows! This weekend view Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor, Verdi’s Rigoletto and Verdi’s Nabucco. Week 9 happening’s HERE.
- Neighborhood Bingo: Celebrate the Arena District and Grandview Yard neighborhoods with at-home bingo! Take a stroll through McFerson Commons, complete an at-home workout with Arena District Athletic Club, order in your favorite food from neighboring restaurants! Play your friends and neighbors in a game of bingo and tag us socially with your completed bingo card for extra bragging rights! Arena District Living bingo HERE Apartments at the Yard bingo HERE.
- The (Virtual Columbus Job Fair): Unfortunately for some, the pandemic has had a negative effect on employment status. On Wednesday, June 3 at 1 pm, you will have a chance to meet employers face to face, virtually. Click HERE to register for The (Virtual) Columbus Job Fair.
- Tour de’ Grandview Virtual June 1-12: The Tour de’ Grandview Rides on – attracting an international field of several hundred professional cyclists to central Ohio each year, as well as cycling enthusiasts and spectators from throughout the Midwest. Although this year takes a different spin, you’ll have 12 days to track your miles virtually! Earn awards when you hit each goal. Bike, Walk, Run OR Scooter! Registration closes May 31 so be sure to register HERE! This event is sponsored by the City of Grandview Heights.
Until next time Warriors…
At Home Weekend Warriors Weekend of 5.8
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your Weekend Warriors guide for the weekend of 5.8 in and around Columbus including carry-out and delivery options from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
Neighborhood Bingo: Celebrate the Arena District and Grandview Yard neighborhoods with at-home bingo! Take a stroll through McFerson Commons, complete an at-home workout with Arena District Athletic Club, order in your favorite food from neighboring restaurants! Play your friends and neighbors in a game of bingo and tag us socially with your completed bingo card for extra bragging rights! Arena District Living bingo HERE Apartments at the Yard bingo HERE.
Virtual Puzzle: CBJ Stormtrooper – use the force to solve this virtual puzzle from the Arena District HERE. With puzzle piece options from 6 to 1040, it will help you pass the time and you’ll feel accomplished.
My CMA at home: While the Columbus Museum of Art remains closed, they are offering online art experiences to enrich your time spent at home. From an online art exhibit of more than 3,500 works of art to making a Spring Berry Pie for your mom on Mother’s Day with the CMA executive chef, gallery tours, home creativity challenges, recreating famous art and more! Stay connected with CMA activities HERE.
COSI goes digital: Make your own reusable bag out of an old T-shirt, celebrate science with BioBlitz – this year’s science festival, discover how to solve the problem of ice on an aircraft with Nasa, robot racing challenges and more. Click to view a schedule of virtual events online with COSI HERE.
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
Don’t Forget, Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 10. Plan to gift something special for the mom in your life! (Or treat yourself!)
Ted’s Montana Grill: is offering curbside pickup/to-go for Mother’s Day! They are also excited to roll out retail purchasing options of select cuts of steak. While supplies last, retail steaks can be ordered by phone at 614.227.0013. All other orders can be made HERE.
Sunny Street Café: Pre-order a Brunch with Mom Pack including egg strata, build-your-own parfait kit, cinnamon rolls with sweet cream frosting and a flower. Available for curbside pickup HERE.
MIND AND BODY
We are staying strong and taking care of ourselves. Through positivity and exercise we can do our best to feel our best.
Arena District Athletic Club: This week take on the Arena District Athletic Club push-up challenge in your own living room, HERE. To view all Arena District Athletic Club 3-minute virtual workouts, click HERE.
Stay Positive: As some of us are looking toward going back to work and the economy is starting to reopen, some of us are still dealing with stress, anxiety and continued work from home set-ups. This article from Forbes helps you to stay calm and collected during your time at home. Read 9 Ways to Stay Positive During the Caronavirus Pandemic HERE.
The leasing staff at Arena Crossing, Flats on Vine and Flats II are letting prospects know that they are here for them – prospects can view apartment interiors and request information on apartment availability through virtual tours, email, phone and video chat.
- View the Arena District Living YOUTUBE Channel including virtual tours of the Arena Crossing, Flats on Vine and Flats II models, available homes and amenities HERE.
- View the Apartments at the Yard YOUTUBE Channel including virtual tours of Junction, Dorchester East and West, Kipton, Brooks, Manchester, Keystone and Baldwin Porter Pullman building models, available homes and amenities HERE.
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your Weekend Warriors guide for the weekend of 4.24 in and around Columbus including carry-out and delivery options from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
RE-LIVE THE EXCITEMENT WITH FOX SPORTS OHIO REPLAYS
Friday, April 24 at 8pm & Sunday, April 26 at Noon • CBJ vs. HURRICANES, aired 10.24.2019
Saturday, April 25 at 8pm & Monday April 27 at 12pm • CBJ vs. PENGUINS, aired 11.29.2019
Tuesday, April 28 at 12pm • CBJ vs. ISLANDERS, aired 12.23.2019
Wednesday, April 29 at 12pm • CBJ vs. SENATORS, aired 2.24.2019
Thursday, April 30 at 12pm • CBJ vs. CANUCKS, aired 3.1.2019
The Columbus Blue Jackets have introduced CBJ Gaming, a new initiative that will allow the club to interact with fans through live streams, tournaments, giveaways and more through a variety of e-sports and gaming activities. Click HERE and get your game on! All live streams will be available via the CBJ Gaming Twitch account. Fans can also follow on Twitter and the CBJ Gaming YouTube page.
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
If this Pancakes & Dreams sweatshirt from Brekkie Shack supports your current mood – just feed us, tell us we’re pretty and let us wear comfy clothes, you can order one to relax in while at home. Unisex t-shirt and sweatshirt options HERE. Brekkie Shack is also partnering up with customers to feed medical superheroes! Order HERE and for just $10 a delicious meal will be delivered to a local hospital.
Add a little Cbus pizazz to your next Zoom meeting with these awesome Arena District and Columbus inspired backgrounds from Experience Columbus. Download virtual backgrounds HERE.
Zoup: Please won’t you be our neighbor – make someone’s day with a Zoup special delivery order for your neighbor. Order HERE and make someone’s day by adding a personal message in the special instructions section.
MIND AND BODY
This has been a tough road for all of us, but through positivity and staying active, we can do our best to feel our best.
Arena District Athletic Club: View a variety of workouts you can do at your own pace right in your living room. Click HERE to view a series of 3-minute workouts with the Arena District Athletic Club.
Columbus Crew: Physical and mental stress can show up in your body in various forms. Check out 4 at home work outs from the Columbus Crew to promote body and mind recovery allowing your mind and body to relax as you unwind at home. Get started HERE.
One Happy Thing Columbus: One Happy Thing Columbus is a website created to spread positivity and hope by celebrating the goodness of the Columbus community. One Happy Thing Cbus shares inspiring stories from everyday heroes in Columbus, including remarkable moments of humanity and connection, big and small. Read more HERE. Or, share your own stories #OneHappyThingCbus.
The more you’ve become acquainted with your current home, the more you’ve decided it’s time to make a move. Virtually tour living options in the Arena District and Grandview Yard:
Now is the perfect time to get crafty at home. Check out these marbled clay DIY’s to add some flair to your home and cure you from bore-antine. Create coasters, ring holders, plant pots and decorative plates HERE.
*NEW this week! Huntington Park and Downtown Columbus Puzzle HERE.
Stay Safe Puzzle HERE.
CONTEST: Complete an activity and enter to win HERE.
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your Weekend Warriors guide for the weekend of 4.17 in and around Columbus including carry-out and delivery options from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
LET’S GET DIGITAL, DIGITAL…
We have created a lot of ways to play while you’re spending more time indoors. This week, be sure to check out a new digital puzzle, recently created Bingo boards and community art projects. Plus, when you’ve completed any activity, extend on the fun by entering to win something delicious.
ACTIVITIES AND CONTESTS
- Digital Puzzle: Choose your difficulty level and put together this amazing Arena District photo from local photographer Andy Spessard: HERE
- Bingo!: Arena District Living board HERE Apartments at the Yard board HERE.
- Community Art Project: Create an interpretation of the ‘Union Station Arch’ sharing your project socially and tagging your image with #ArenaDistrictArtProject. Or, create an interpretation of ‘trains’ tagging your image with #GrandviewYardArtProject.
- CONTEST: IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED ONE OF THE ABOVE ACTIVITIES, ENTER TO WIN HERE. You will be entered to win (1) $20 gift card to R Bar or Hofbrauhaus.
- At Home Workouts: View a variety of high intensity workouts you can do right in your living room. Click HERE for the latest ADAC workout plan including squats, plank walkouts and burpees. For a sports fix while you get fit, checkout the Columbus Crew at home workout HERE.
- Find A New Home: The more you’ve become acquainted with your current home, the more you’ve decided it’s time to make a move. Virtually tour apartments in the Arena District HERE and Grandview Yard HERE.
- Columbus Sports Report: Stay connected to your favorite teams with the Columbus Sports Report, this week features a digital interview with the Columbus Crew HERE
- Blue Jackets Live: Home Edition: FOX Sports Ohio announced today the continuation of Blue Jackets Live with a special home edition twist. From the comfort of their homes to the comfort of yours, tune in weekly as members of our Blue Jackets broadcast team, including Jeff Rimer, Jody Shelley, Dave Maetzold, Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre and Brian Giesenschlag, come together virtually to keep Blue Jackets fans connected to the team and game we all love and miss. A new 30-minute Blue Jackets Live: Home Edition episode will stream weekly on FOX Sports GO; check local listings for replays:
- Friday, April 17 at 12pm • CBJ vs. PENGUINS, aired 11.29.2019
- Monday, April 20 at 8pm • CBJ vs. CAPITALS, aired 12.9.2019
- Tuesday, April 21 at 8pm • CBJ vs. CAPITALS, aired 12.16.2019
- Wednesday, April 22 at 12pm • CBJ vs. CAPITALS, aired 12.9.2019
- Friday, April 24 at 8pm • CBJ vs. HURRICANES, aired 10.24.2019
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
- Everyday restaurant carryout, delivery and curbside pickup options: Arena District offerings HERE and Grandview Yard offerings HERE.
- Support RBAR, your local hockey bar: If you would like to help and get a R Bar Arena limited edition shirt HERE + enjoy ½ price pizza Tuesdays 11am-2pm. Queen of Hearts tickets, drawings are on Thursdays.
- Feed our medical superheroes: breakfast, lunch, and baked good items available to be delivered to a local hospital HERE.
- Grandview Vision Center online lenses: now offering a simplified, easy ordering platform with no hidden fees, fast shipping, quality product HERE.
PROMOWEST TV: Stream your favorite concerts online with Promowest TV! Check out a few artist picks below:
For more music you can’t find anywhere else, visit the Promowest YouTube channel