Just because you are spending more time at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your At Home Warriors guide for 5.29 – 6.4 including activities and updates in and around Columbus including carry-out, delivery, patio and select dine-in options from some of your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants, allowing you to live, work and play, safe.
We’ve been missing our hockey lately but now are ready for the playoffs! The Columbus Blue Jackets clinched a playoff spot among 24 teams. Columbus will face Toronto in the playoff qualifying series under the format announced by the league. “As we seek some return to normalcy, this is an important day, particularly for NHL fans,” Bettman said. “Since March 12, we have been hopeful and optimistic that by developing all options and alternatives, we could get to this point. I know I join sports fans everywhere when I say we cannot wait for our players to hit the ice again.” The Columbus Blue Jackets share more regarding the NHL framework towards capping the 2019-2020 season HERE.
While we are excited about the Columbus Blue Jackets playoff return, we are also excited to jump into the recreation of sports ourselves. If you’re ready to get back to the field, ice, court or diamond, you can read through a breakdown of recent requirements and resources to safely return to your love of the game: Read more from the Greater Columbus Sports Commission HERE.
Eat Local, Support Local
Carry-out, patio, dine-in
As regulations are softly being lifted, the restaurants in the Arena District and Grandview Yard are doing all they can to stay safe and carry on. While some restaurants have re-opened patios, others are continuing to add dine-in options. The restaurants are excited to serve their patrons and are thankful for the support of your carry-out business over the last couple of months.
We have been enjoying patio season in the Arena District including Whistle & Keg, now open and providing a touchless beer pour to help keep customers safe. With a wide-variety of flavors available, you can taste test and tap a variety of options, we have our eye on the Chocolate Banana Carnival Series Blond Ale, Yum!
While you are out and about this weekend in the Arena District and surrounding downtown areas, we ask that our readers please be extra precautious and stay safe.
Grandview Yard Dine-In updates: Hofbrauhaus, Jason’s Deli, Panera Bread and Winans are NOW OPEN for dine-in! Hofbräuhaus Columbus has just released a full slate of flavored biers to enjoy the season. We see you Pineapple Weizen!
View a full list of open restaurants, HERE.
Mind and Body
It is important during times of stress and change to focus on your health and wellness.
Club Pilates re-opening
Club Pilates studio has reopened! If you’re looking for a new workout, try Pilates, it’s for everyone. Health and safety measures are being taken with new studio guidelines to provide members with a safe class experience. Virtual classes are still available and easy to do from home! View class schedules and register: HERE.
Columbus Crew continues virtual workouts
This week, the Columbus Crew shows you how to replace weights with strength of your body with a series of squats, crawls, planks, mountain climbers and more. Checkout this living room workout from Kelly Roderick, asst. strength and conditioning coach HERE.
Arena District Athletic Club virtual workout library
Are you up to the challenge? View all Arena District Athletic Club high intensity, 3-minute virtual workouts, HERE.
Check out Arena Crossing’s newly furnished model home:
Our newly designer-furnished model home will have you crushing! Not only will you have the opportunity to find the apartment home and lifestyle you’ve envisioned, you’ll get inspired to make the most of your space! Contact leasing to schedule an appointment.
Contact the Arena Crossing Leasing staff to schedule a tour of the newly model home HERE
Visit the Arena District Living YouTube channel to view all property models HERE
Until next time warriors….
Just because you are spending more time at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your At Home Warriors guide for of 5.22 – 5.28 in and around Columbus including carry-out, delivery, patio and select dine-in options from some of your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants, allowing you to live, work and play, safe.
Columbus Blue Jackets & Fox Sports Ohio
RE-LIVE THE EXCITEMENT WITH FOX SPORTS OHIO REPLAYS: Columbus Blue Jackets and FOX Sports Ohio continue to bring fans special programming while the NHL season has been paused.
- Friday, May 22 & Saturday May 23 at 8pm • 2015 NHL ALL-STAR GAME, the 2015 NHL All-Star Game featured Blue Jackets captain Nick Foligno leading the home squad
- Saturday, May 24 at 8pm • CBJ v. Canadiens, aired 11.4.2016
- Monday, May 25 at 8pm • CBJ vs. Red Wings, aired 4.3.2018
We are also excited for Boone Jenner who has been named the 2019-20 community MVP for exemplifying service, dedication and leadership throughout the season.
Join the Columbus Clippers with CommUNITY First, in partnership with Feeding America, is raising funds for local food banks and honoring local heroes on the pandemic’s front lines. For every $10 donated through this campaign, one ticket to a future MiLB game will be donated to a hero of the pandemic. Donations will be distributed by Feeding America to the local food bank within the Feeding America network nearest to the selected MiLB team. If a team is not selected, funds will go to the Feeding America COVID-19 Response Fund, providing food assistance and supplies to communities most affected by the pandemic. Learn more HERE
Continue down the road to resilience with at home workouts with Columbus Crew SC’s Strength and Conditioning Staff. This week’s workout has an exercise with tempo (in order to mimic more resistance) followed by a similar unresisted explosive exercise. This type of training is known as a contrast training and it will help to maximize muscular recruitment for each tempo exercise. Kick off your next workout with the Columbus Crew, HERE.
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
As regulations are softly being lifted, the restaurants in the Arena District and Grandview Yard are doing all they can to stay safe and carry on. While some restaurants have started re-opening patios as of last week, others are also adding dine-in options back to operations. The restaurants are excited to serve their patrons and are thankful for the support of your carry-out business over the last couple of months.
Arena District Dine-In updates: Boston’s, Buca Di Beppo, Jimmy Johns, R Bar, Rodizio Grill, Sunny Street Café, Ted’s Montana Grill and Zoup are NOW OPEN for dine-in! Whistle & Keg is also now open with a touchless beer pour to help keep customers safe.
View a full list of open restaurants, HERE.
The Red Cross is coming to Nationwide Arena for a blood drive on Thursday, May 28.
Walk-ins are welcome but scheduling in advance is preferred. Click HERE and use sponsor code: GMC.
Date: Thursday, May 28 from 10am – 4pm
Location: Front Street lobby of Nationwide Arena
Promowest TV: Many of us in and around the Arena District are missing live music from Express Live, A&R Music Bar and Nationwide Arena. While we await our next in-person music experience, we can enjoy reliving some our best nights from the comfort of our living room. Check out Promowest TV for some of your favorite Columbus performances HERE.
On another positive note, Dave Grohl, singer of Foo Fighters, has powerful words on his love and passion for live music, the effect it has had on him, the energy of the crowd and our basic needs for each other. “I don’t know when it will be safe to sing arm in arm at the top of our lungs. But we will do it again, because we have to”. Read the article HERE.
Apartment Tours online: You are practicing social distancing but are in need of finding a new home. Arena District Living and Apartments at the Yard are offering virtual tours on YouTube as well as scheduled live virtual tours with leasing consultants.
Click the links below to view apartment model and available homes and contact the leasing team by email to learn more.
Mark your calendars for these upcoming events in Columbus:
Tour de’ Grandview Virtual June 1-12: The Tour de’ Grandview Rides on – attracting an international field of several hundred professional cyclists to central Ohio each year, as well as cycling enthusiasts and spectators from throughout the Midwest. Although this year takes a different spin, you’ll have 12 days to track your miles virtually! Earn awards when you hit each goal. Bike, Walk, Run OR Scooter! Registration closes May 31 so be sure to register HERE! This event is sponsored by the City of Grandview Heights.
Columbus Arts Fest in Place June 12-14: One of Columbus’ most anticipated events, The Columbus Arts Festival, of course, found a creative way to allow the art show to go on. The Columbus Arts Fest In Place, is happening June 12-14 and will feature the people that really bring the festival to life: Artists, volunteers, sponsors, patrons and community members. You can shop for your next art piece directly online from 2020 juried Arts Fest artists, explore artists and performers and get involved by participating in the Arts Fest Chalk Challenge! Learn More.
Ohio History Connection June 13 at 4:30 and 8:30PM: Bring the family for a classic drive-in theater experience! Watch Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark from the comfort and safety of your own car in the parking lot at the Ohio History Center. Bring your own snacks or purchase a snack pack there. The show is FREE but registration by car is required, register Learn More.
Until next time warriors….
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your At Home Warriors guide for of 5.15 – 5.21 in and around Columbus including carry-out, delivery and patio dining options from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
We are more than ready for patio season in the Arena District and Grandview Yard. PATIO’S ARE NOW OPEN! It’s been a long road for all of us and the restaurants can’t wait to see you.
- Patios NOW OPEN in the Arena District: Boston’s, Chipotle, Jimmy John’s, RBar, Sunny Street Cafe, Ted’s Montana Grill, Zoup!.
- Starbucks Arena District open Monday, May 18!
- Patio’s NOW OPEN in Grandview Yard: Brekkie Shack, Hofbräuhaus, Jason’s Deli, Panera Bread, and Winans Chocolates + Coffees + Wine
- CONTEST: Take a satisfied selfie at one of the above restaurants enjoying the patio’s reopening and tag @ArenaDistrict or @GrandviewYard for a chance to win a $25 gift card to one of the above restaurants of your choice. ENTER ARENA DISTRICT CONTEST HERE. ENTER GRANDVIEW YARD CONTEST HERE.
MIND AND BODY
- Stay Positive: As some of us are looking toward going back to work and the economy is starting to reopen, some of us are still dealing with stress, anxiety and continued work from home set-ups. This FREE Beyond Breath, online intro to happiness will teach you the power of your breath and meditation to relieve stress, ease anxiety and boost your immune system. Register HERE.
- Club Pilates: Club Pilates is offering virtual workouts. View weekly class offerings HERE. Call (614.776.0282) or e-mail the studio to get signed up!
- Arena District Athletic Club: Are you up to the challenge? View all Arena District Athletic Club 3-minute virtual workouts, HERE.
As many of us are currently working from home, and some of us are shifting to a permanent work from home environment, it is important to designate a specific space in your home to work. If you currently have a one-bedroom apartment and are feeling cramped, the Arena District and Grandview Yard offer many 1-bedroom options which include a den, perfect for transforming into a formal work space and lighter on the pocket than a full two-bedroom.
One-bedroom with a den available now:
- Clifton G floor plan , Arena Crossing in the Arena District: https://arenacrossing.com/Brochure/Clifton-G?siteId=1763072&fId=2439563
- Prescott floor plan – Brooks building at Apartments at the Yard in Grandview Yard: https://apartmentsattheyard.com/Brochure/Prescott?siteId=2816444&fId=3741221
- Quincy floor plan – Brooks building at Apartments at the Yard in Grandview Yard: https://apartmentsattheyard.com/Brochure/Quincy?siteId=2816444&fId=3741223
- Along the Scioto Mile Puzzle: Choose your difficulty level with a 6-piece to 897-piece virtual puzzle. Click HERE
- Wexner Center of Arts Virtual Screenings: Just because you’re at home doesn’t mean you can’t get a taste of film and culture. The Wex offers a variety of film and documentary screenings you can enjoy right from your living room. Here are a couple we thought looked interesting:
-Band of Outsiders: Jean-Luc Godard’s New Wave twist on the gangster film follows two young ne’er do wells who fall for luminous Anna Karina while enlisting her to pull off a robbery…in her aunt’s villa. The film’s mad dash through the Louvre and impromptu café dance sequence have been mimicked by filmmakers ever since. (97 mins, digital video) Learn more HERE.
-What She Said: The Art of Pauline Kael: “An exquisitely crafted documentary about the woman who was arguably the greatest movie critic who ever lived.” (-Variety) Learn more HERE.
- Met Opera streams: Metropolitan Opera is offering free nightly shows! This weekend view Donizetti’s Lucia di Lammermoor, Verdi’s Rigoletto and Verdi’s Nabucco. Week 9 happening’s HERE.
- Neighborhood Bingo: Celebrate the Arena District and Grandview Yard neighborhoods with at-home bingo! Take a stroll through McFerson Commons, complete an at-home workout with Arena District Athletic Club, order in your favorite food from neighboring restaurants! Play your friends and neighbors in a game of bingo and tag us socially with your completed bingo card for extra bragging rights! Arena District Living bingo HERE Apartments at the Yard bingo HERE.
- The (Virtual Columbus Job Fair): Unfortunately for some, the pandemic has had a negative effect on employment status. On Wednesday, June 3 at 1 pm, you will have a chance to meet employers face to face, virtually. Click HERE to register for The (Virtual) Columbus Job Fair.
- Tour de’ Grandview Virtual June 1-12: The Tour de’ Grandview Rides on – attracting an international field of several hundred professional cyclists to central Ohio each year, as well as cycling enthusiasts and spectators from throughout the Midwest. Although this year takes a different spin, you’ll have 12 days to track your miles virtually! Earn awards when you hit each goal. Bike, Walk, Run OR Scooter! Registration closes May 31 so be sure to register HERE! This event is sponsored by the City of Grandview Heights.
Until next time Warriors…
At Home Weekend Warriors Weekend of 5.8
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your Weekend Warriors guide for the weekend of 5.8 in and around Columbus including carry-out and delivery options from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
Neighborhood Bingo: Celebrate the Arena District and Grandview Yard neighborhoods with at-home bingo! Take a stroll through McFerson Commons, complete an at-home workout with Arena District Athletic Club, order in your favorite food from neighboring restaurants! Play your friends and neighbors in a game of bingo and tag us socially with your completed bingo card for extra bragging rights! Arena District Living bingo HERE Apartments at the Yard bingo HERE.
Virtual Puzzle: CBJ Stormtrooper – use the force to solve this virtual puzzle from the Arena District HERE. With puzzle piece options from 6 to 1040, it will help you pass the time and you’ll feel accomplished.
My CMA at home: While the Columbus Museum of Art remains closed, they are offering online art experiences to enrich your time spent at home. From an online art exhibit of more than 3,500 works of art to making a Spring Berry Pie for your mom on Mother’s Day with the CMA executive chef, gallery tours, home creativity challenges, recreating famous art and more! Stay connected with CMA activities HERE.
COSI goes digital: Make your own reusable bag out of an old T-shirt, celebrate science with BioBlitz – this year’s science festival, discover how to solve the problem of ice on an aircraft with Nasa, robot racing challenges and more. Click to view a schedule of virtual events online with COSI HERE.
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
Don’t Forget, Mother’s Day is this Sunday, May 10. Plan to gift something special for the mom in your life! (Or treat yourself!)
Ted’s Montana Grill: is offering curbside pickup/to-go for Mother’s Day! They are also excited to roll out retail purchasing options of select cuts of steak. While supplies last, retail steaks can be ordered by phone at 614.227.0013. All other orders can be made HERE.
Sunny Street Café: Pre-order a Brunch with Mom Pack including egg strata, build-your-own parfait kit, cinnamon rolls with sweet cream frosting and a flower. Available for curbside pickup HERE.
MIND AND BODY
We are staying strong and taking care of ourselves. Through positivity and exercise we can do our best to feel our best.
Arena District Athletic Club: This week take on the Arena District Athletic Club push-up challenge in your own living room, HERE. To view all Arena District Athletic Club 3-minute virtual workouts, click HERE.
Stay Positive: As some of us are looking toward going back to work and the economy is starting to reopen, some of us are still dealing with stress, anxiety and continued work from home set-ups. This article from Forbes helps you to stay calm and collected during your time at home. Read 9 Ways to Stay Positive During the Caronavirus Pandemic HERE.
The leasing staff at Arena Crossing, Flats on Vine and Flats II are letting prospects know that they are here for them – prospects can view apartment interiors and request information on apartment availability through virtual tours, email, phone and video chat.
- View the Arena District Living YOUTUBE Channel including virtual tours of the Arena Crossing, Flats on Vine and Flats II models, available homes and amenities HERE.
- View the Apartments at the Yard YOUTUBE Channel including virtual tours of Junction, Dorchester East and West, Kipton, Brooks, Manchester, Keystone and Baldwin Porter Pullman building models, available homes and amenities HERE.
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your Weekend Warriors guide for the weekend of 4.24 in and around Columbus including carry-out and delivery options from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
RE-LIVE THE EXCITEMENT WITH FOX SPORTS OHIO REPLAYS
Friday, April 24 at 8pm & Sunday, April 26 at Noon • CBJ vs. HURRICANES, aired 10.24.2019
Saturday, April 25 at 8pm & Monday April 27 at 12pm • CBJ vs. PENGUINS, aired 11.29.2019
Tuesday, April 28 at 12pm • CBJ vs. ISLANDERS, aired 12.23.2019
Wednesday, April 29 at 12pm • CBJ vs. SENATORS, aired 2.24.2019
Thursday, April 30 at 12pm • CBJ vs. CANUCKS, aired 3.1.2019
The Columbus Blue Jackets have introduced CBJ Gaming, a new initiative that will allow the club to interact with fans through live streams, tournaments, giveaways and more through a variety of e-sports and gaming activities. Click HERE and get your game on! All live streams will be available via the CBJ Gaming Twitch account. Fans can also follow on Twitter and the CBJ Gaming YouTube page.
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
If this Pancakes & Dreams sweatshirt from Brekkie Shack supports your current mood – just feed us, tell us we’re pretty and let us wear comfy clothes, you can order one to relax in while at home. Unisex t-shirt and sweatshirt options HERE. Brekkie Shack is also partnering up with customers to feed medical superheroes! Order HERE and for just $10 a delicious meal will be delivered to a local hospital.
Add a little Cbus pizazz to your next Zoom meeting with these awesome Arena District and Columbus inspired backgrounds from Experience Columbus. Download virtual backgrounds HERE.
Zoup: Please won’t you be our neighbor – make someone’s day with a Zoup special delivery order for your neighbor. Order HERE and make someone’s day by adding a personal message in the special instructions section.
MIND AND BODY
This has been a tough road for all of us, but through positivity and staying active, we can do our best to feel our best.
Arena District Athletic Club: View a variety of workouts you can do at your own pace right in your living room. Click HERE to view a series of 3-minute workouts with the Arena District Athletic Club.
Columbus Crew: Physical and mental stress can show up in your body in various forms. Check out 4 at home work outs from the Columbus Crew to promote body and mind recovery allowing your mind and body to relax as you unwind at home. Get started HERE.
One Happy Thing Columbus: One Happy Thing Columbus is a website created to spread positivity and hope by celebrating the goodness of the Columbus community. One Happy Thing Cbus shares inspiring stories from everyday heroes in Columbus, including remarkable moments of humanity and connection, big and small. Read more HERE. Or, share your own stories #OneHappyThingCbus.
The more you’ve become acquainted with your current home, the more you’ve decided it’s time to make a move. Virtually tour living options in the Arena District and Grandview Yard:
Now is the perfect time to get crafty at home. Check out these marbled clay DIY’s to add some flair to your home and cure you from bore-antine. Create coasters, ring holders, plant pots and decorative plates HERE.
*NEW this week! Huntington Park and Downtown Columbus Puzzle HERE.
Stay Safe Puzzle HERE.
CONTEST: Complete an activity and enter to win HERE.
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy, and good food to eat. Here is your Weekend Warriors guide for the weekend of 4.17 in and around Columbus including carry-out and delivery options from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
LET’S GET DIGITAL, DIGITAL…
We have created a lot of ways to play while you’re spending more time indoors. This week, be sure to check out a new digital puzzle, recently created Bingo boards and community art projects. Plus, when you’ve completed any activity, extend on the fun by entering to win something delicious.
ACTIVITIES AND CONTESTS
- Digital Puzzle: Choose your difficulty level and put together this amazing Arena District photo from local photographer Andy Spessard: HERE
- Bingo!: Arena District Living board HERE Apartments at the Yard board HERE.
- Community Art Project: Create an interpretation of the ‘Union Station Arch’ sharing your project socially and tagging your image with #ArenaDistrictArtProject. Or, create an interpretation of ‘trains’ tagging your image with #GrandviewYardArtProject.
- CONTEST: IF YOU HAVE COMPLETED ONE OF THE ABOVE ACTIVITIES, ENTER TO WIN HERE. You will be entered to win (1) $20 gift card to R Bar or Hofbrauhaus.
- At Home Workouts: View a variety of high intensity workouts you can do right in your living room. Click HERE for the latest ADAC workout plan including squats, plank walkouts and burpees. For a sports fix while you get fit, checkout the Columbus Crew at home workout HERE.
- Find A New Home: The more you’ve become acquainted with your current home, the more you’ve decided it’s time to make a move. Virtually tour apartments in the Arena District HERE and Grandview Yard HERE.
- Columbus Sports Report: Stay connected to your favorite teams with the Columbus Sports Report, this week features a digital interview with the Columbus Crew HERE
- Blue Jackets Live: Home Edition: FOX Sports Ohio announced today the continuation of Blue Jackets Live with a special home edition twist. From the comfort of their homes to the comfort of yours, tune in weekly as members of our Blue Jackets broadcast team, including Jeff Rimer, Jody Shelley, Dave Maetzold, Jean-Luc Grand-Pierre and Brian Giesenschlag, come together virtually to keep Blue Jackets fans connected to the team and game we all love and miss. A new 30-minute Blue Jackets Live: Home Edition episode will stream weekly on FOX Sports GO; check local listings for replays:
- Friday, April 17 at 12pm • CBJ vs. PENGUINS, aired 11.29.2019
- Monday, April 20 at 8pm • CBJ vs. CAPITALS, aired 12.9.2019
- Tuesday, April 21 at 8pm • CBJ vs. CAPITALS, aired 12.16.2019
- Wednesday, April 22 at 12pm • CBJ vs. CAPITALS, aired 12.9.2019
- Friday, April 24 at 8pm • CBJ vs. HURRICANES, aired 10.24.2019
EAT LOCAL, SUPPORT LOCAL
- Everyday restaurant carryout, delivery and curbside pickup options: Arena District offerings HERE and Grandview Yard offerings HERE.
- Support RBAR, your local hockey bar: If you would like to help and get a R Bar Arena limited edition shirt HERE + enjoy ½ price pizza Tuesdays 11am-2pm. Queen of Hearts tickets, drawings are on Thursdays.
- Feed our medical superheroes: breakfast, lunch, and baked good items available to be delivered to a local hospital HERE.
- Grandview Vision Center online lenses: now offering a simplified, easy ordering platform with no hidden fees, fast shipping, quality product HERE.
PROMOWEST TV: Stream your favorite concerts online with Promowest TV! Check out a few artist picks below:
For more music you can’t find anywhere else, visit the Promowest YouTube channel
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do, sports to enjoy and good food to eat. Here is your Weekend Warriors guide for the weekend of 4.10 in and around Columbus including carry-out and holiday delivery options from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
RESTAURANT CARRY-OUT & DELIVERY
Holiday specials available! Sunny Street Café – Easter Brunch Pack HERE.
Delicious, made-from-scratch meal delivered to your door. Three options: $30 feeds 2, $50 feeds 4-5, $75 feeds 6-7. Curbside pickup or delivery. Egg Decorating Kit also available including an egg decorating kit for your family, AND a dozen eggs for only $5! Add it on to any order through Easter Sunday. Call ahead (614.222.3008) to pre-order.
Winans – order basket fillers HERE (or call 614.429.3561).
Fill your Easter baskets with goodies from Winans Grandview Yard. Handmade gourmet treats like chocolate suckers, cookie dough eggs, and more available online, or pick up your treats in store.
Another great workout this week from The Arena District Athletic Club, keeping you active and healthy while you’re at home! View a variety of high intensity workouts you can do right in your living room. Stay active and relieve stress. Click HERE for the latest video: a new squat, dumbbell swing and push-up workout!
Click HERE for tips on how to create space for apartment workouts.
COLUMBUS CLIPPERS ‘OPENING DAY’
Columbus is celebrating ‘Opening Day’ a little differently this year. For every online merchandise order of $25 or more through the Clippers Cargo store, the Clippers will donate 2 Columbus Clippers branded face masks with a goal of 1000 masks to be donated to the Central Ohio Community. Shop HERE.
Share your favorite Columbus Clippers memories: #ThisShipRocks #ClipShow
VIRTUAL SPORTS REPORTS
Registration is free! Get your local professional sports fix HERE! These Virtual Sports Reports with the Columbus Sports Commission are available to stream online. This week’s includes a video chat with Columbus Clippers President & GM, Ken Schnacke.
Although the 5th Line is staying 6 feet apart, we still have our hockey heart! To allow fans to re-live the action, Fox Sports Ohio is broadcasting game replays This weekend, tune-in and re-live last season’s 2019 Stanley Cup Playoffs Eastern Conference Quarterfinal series against Tampa Bay:
- Friday, April 10 – 8 p.m. ET (replay on April 11, 12 p.m. ET) Game 3, Apr. 14, 2019 – at Columbus 3, Tampa Bay 1. Sergei Bobrovsky outduels Andrei Vasilevskiy and Cam Atkinson’s empty net goal seals it as Jackets take 3-0 series lead.
- Saturday, April 11 – 8 p.m. ET Game 4, Apr. 16, 2019 – at Columbus 7, Tampa Bay 3. Lightning erase a 3-1 deficit before Oliver Bjorkstrand scores the eventual game-winner late in the 2nd period and the Blue Jackets add three empty net goals late to earn their first-ever playoff series win.
Stream your favorite concerts online with Promowest TV! Check out some of our personal artist picks below:
For more music you can’t find anywhere else, visit the Promowest YouTube channel!
Nationwide Arena also shared NEW music from 21 Pilots! Check out the new tunes HERE.
VIRTUAL APARTMENT TOURS:
- Virtually tour Arena Crossing, Flats on Vine and Flats II apartments HERE.
- Virtually tour of Apartments at the Yard options HERE.
ACTIVITIES AND CONTESTS
- Community Art Project!
-Create an interpretation of the ‘Union Station Arch’ sharing your project socially and tagging your image with #ArenaDistrictArtProject. Connect socially HERE.
-Create an interpretation of ‘trains’ tagging your image with #GrandviewYardArtProject. Connect socially HERE.
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do and good food to eat. Here is your Weekend Warriors guide for the weekend of 3.27 in and around Columbus including food selections from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
CBJ Game Replays!
Although the 5th line might be 6 feet apart, we still have our hockey heart! To allow fans to re-live the action, Fox Sports Ohio is broadcasting game replays. Listed below are upcoming air dates/times, be sure to tune in and watch recent match-ups with the Panthers, Bruins, and Jets:
|CBJ||27-Mar||Friday||12 NOON||12/31/2019||Fox Sports Ohio||Blue Jackets vs. Panthers|
|CBJ||27-Mar||Friday||8:00 PM||1/14/2020||Fox Sports Ohio||Blue Jackets vs. Bruins|
|CBJ||30-Mar||Monday||12 NOON||1/22/2020||Fox Sports Ohio||Blue Jackets vs. Jets|
Working from home right now? Add some flair to your video conference with CBJ themed Zoom backgrounds HERE.
Staying Active with Local Columbus Sports Teams
‘The best is yet to come’ – Nick Foligno
Sports for us, is more than an interest or a hobby, it is a passion. Although we understand that we are without sports right now for good reason, we appreciate this list of at home ways to fill the sports void including at home workouts with the Columbus Crew, CBJ Foundation online auctions and replay broadcasts, Columbus Clippers flashbacks, Buckeye ‘Celebrating our Successes’ series and more. Get the full at home playbook HERE from the Greater Columbus Sports Commission.
Restaurant Carryout, Delivery & Pickup
Things might be a little different at the moment, but one thing we can still appreciate, our families, roommates and a good meal. There are still Arena District restaurants open and serving breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Carryout beer and wine is also available. Refer to this list to plan your meals while supporting neighborhood restaurants! Place your order HERE.
There are also restaurants offering carryout, delivery and curbside pickup nearby in Grandview Yard HERE.
The Arena District Athletic Club wants you to stay active while at home! View a variety of high intensity workouts you can do right in your own living room. These workouts are a great way to stay active and relieve stress. Check out these ‘FIT IN 3 MINUTES’ workouts HERE.
You know what can be better about watching concerts in private? You can dance and sing your heart out! Watch live concerts from a variety of artists! Check out some rockin’ artists HERE.
For more music you can’t find anywhere else, visit their YouTube channel!
Apartment Tours online
You are practicing social distancing but are in need of finding a new home. Arena District Living and Apartments at the Yard are now offering virtual tours on YOUTUBE. Click the links below to view apartment model homes and contact the leasing team by email or phone to learn more.
Resident Happy Hour
If you are a current resident of the Arena District or Grandview Yard, we are kicking off a community-wide happy hour today, March 27 from 4-6pm. Step out on your balconies with your drink of choice in hand, smile at your neighbors and say ‘cheers, we got this’. Share your Happy Hour photos! Use hashtag #ArenaDistrictLiving or #ApartmentsAtTheYard to support your community!
Just because you are at home, doesn’t mean there aren’t still places to explore, things to do and good food to eat. Here is your Weekend Warriors guide for the weekend of 3.20 in and around Columbus including food selections from your favorite Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants.
THE ARNOLD VIRTUAL TOUR!
Don’t just sit, get fit! Let’s support the sponsors and exhibitors of the 2020 Arnold Sports Festival! Due to the canceled Arnold Fitness Expo, an Arnold Virtual Expo was created so you can still have access to the products and services that you would have seen during the Arnold Sports Festival. If your going a little stir crazy, this is a great opportunity to stop saying AHHHH! and say AH-NOLD!
Check out the exhibit HERE
Drive-Through Lynd Fruit Farm
While things might be bananas, you can stock up on fresh apples & more this weekend! The market drive through is open this Friday and Saturday from 9am to 4pm. Items available include apples, jams, butters, salsas, dried apples, popcorn, peanut butter, local maple syrup, honey applesauce, flavored ciders, Fry Pies (while supplies last) and more!
Lynd Fruit Farm drive through information and address HERE
Dine-in at Home
Support your local Arena District and Grandview Yard restaurants and satisfy your inner foodie with these convenient carry-out options. With online ordering, pickup and delivery from Buca di Beppo, Brekkie Shack, Chick-fil-A, Hofbruahaus, Jason’s Deli, Jimmy Johns, Nada, Panera Bread, RBar, Starbucks, Sunny Street Café, Ted’s Montana Grill, Winan’s and Zoup.
Get the delicious details here:
Arena District dining HERE
Grandview Yard dining HERE
As the new year settles in, we often think about how much our personal lives are in need of refreshing. One of our biggest influences is the environment we choose to live in, as our home deserves the same level of attention that we give ourselves.
From creating new spaces to giving rooms a makeover, there are several ways to bring your downtown Columbus apartment back to life. Using the latest interior design trends for 2020, here are a few styles to inspire your home décor this year.
1 .The Japandi Style
Japandi is the fusion between Japanese and Scandinavian style. Aesthetically pleasing with cultural influences, this style is minimalist, simple and functional. It includes natural textures, neutral tones and bright, open spaces paired with the rustic elements of Japanese style.
To achieve this 2020 trend in your Columbus apartment, less is more. Keep furniture simple and add colors that evoke calmness and comfort. Hand-crafted items with clean lines and wooden textures allow for a deeper sense of connection to your environment.
2. Geometric Patterns
Geometric patterns and shapes are trending up in apartment interior design. While you can find geometric anything, anywhere, it’s easy to fall into the trap of overdoing it. In 2020, pick any area of your home that you would like to make a bold statement—a place that will grasp attention and everyone’s favorite place to meet. In the kitchen, for example, a geometric pattern on the island in your kitchen or backsplash will be the perfect place to start!
3. Bold Black & White
The most stunning, dramatic, and sophisticated apartment interior design trend for 2020 is the clash between black and white. With several ways to incorporate this into your home, contemporary interior designers often combine these colors with a pop of color or sleek metals. To appropriately balance black and white rooms, use black as the accent color and white as the main shade.
4. Shades of Pink
Thinking about brightening up your apartment? The variations of pink are a major trend in 2020. The pink color wheel includes blush, millennial pink, pastel pink, rose pink, bronze, taupe, and other light pink shades that will stand out in a neutral room. A touch of feminine tones around the apartment—whether used as accents or features—will provide a subtle, natural appeal no matter your gender.
5. Personalized Bathroom Design
Our final 2020 apartment trend takes a trip to the bathroom—the place where we spend a good portion of time grooming, styling and getting ready for the day ahead. When it comes to interior design, bathrooms are a great place to experiment and have fun.
With options to have daring wall décor, paintings and choosing elements that symbolize your personality, designing your bathroom allows for a level of personalization that you might not be able to pull off in other rooms.
What is your favorite apartment interior design trend for 2020? Share it in the comments below!