The top 5 Things You Need to Know this August:
- Gear up for the OhioHealth Grandview Yard Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon & 5K
- Support the Black & Gold as they take on rival Cincinnati
- Fanatics Sportsbook is coming to the Arena District
- Check out Marvel Night at Huntington Park
- The Nationwide Arena concert schedule has 3 chart-topping artists this month
🏟 The Columbus Crew are set to host two matches in August.
- August 20 at 7:30pm | Columbus vs Cincinnati
- August 26 at 7:30pm | Columbus vs Toronto
To keep up with the Crew and their match schedule, click here.
Columbus Clippers in August
⚾️ There’s no better way to enjoy a summer evening in Columbus than with some baseball! The Clippers have two homestands in August, with family fun events before and after the games.
- August 1 – 6 | Columbus Clippers vs St. Paul Saints
- August 1: Dime-a-Dog Night
- August 5: Marvel Night + post-game fireworks
- August 22 – 27 | Columbus Clippers vs Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp
- August 22: Dime-a-Dog Night
🦸 August 5 is Marvel Night at Huntington Park! The Clippers will be sporting special themed jerseys, and you may even notice the Black Panther roaming around the stadium. Stay after the game to enjoy a specially themed firework show. This is a night your family will not want to miss!
Check out the full Columbus Clippers schedule here.
Food & Drink
Tap a Keg With Hofbräuhaus Columbus
🍺 Raise a pint at Columbus’ most festive Biergarten this summer. On the first Tuesday of every month, enjoy a monthly seasonal bier, ceremonial keg tapping parade and live music. With warm weather and cold beer, you’ll find yourself wanting to enjoy the best patio in Columbus, all summer long.
Outdoor Music in the City Isn’t Slowing Down Yet!
🕺🏻 The August entertainment schedule at KEMBA Live! and Nationwide Arena is off the charts with must-see artists! Here’s a look at what’s ahead:
- Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats at KEMBA Live! – August 5
- Sylvan Essa with Indigo De Souza at KEMBA Live! – August 15
- The Chicks at Nationwide Arena – August 16
- Manchester Orchestra with Jimmy Eat World at KEMBA Live! – August 19
- Barry Manilow at Nationwide Arena – August 25
- Lil Baby at Nationwide Arena – August 26
Pelotonia Ride Weekend
🚴🏾 The 2023 Pelotonia bike ride supporting a mission to end cancer and accelerate cancer research takes place August 4-5 in downtown Columbus. Participants will gather in the Arena District on Friday evening for the opening ceremony at McFerson Commons and return early Saturday morning for the ride start. Cheer on riders as they embark on their journey!
OhioHealth Grandview Yard Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon & 5K
🏃🏼 August 6 is race day in Grandview Heights and Upper Arlington! The OhioHealth Grandview Yard Quarter Marathon & 5K returns in 2023 but will include a Half Marathon for the first time! The race event will start and finish at Ray DeGraw Park, complete with a post-race participant party. Registration and event information can be found here.
Stock Up on Locally Produced Goodies
💐 Save the date for a pop-up market coming to Battelle Plaza on August 23. Participating vendors will be announced soon – keep your eyes on the event listing for more details!
Fanatics Sportsbook is coming to the Arena District
🏒 Fanatics Sportsbook is set to open a new location at 401 N. Front St. in the Arena District this month! Read about this new business that will be partnering with the Columbus Blue Jackets: Fanatics Betting & Gaming, CBJ team up to open retail sportsbook location | NHL.com
Columbus Clippers 5K
⚾ Challenge yourself to “Finish at Home Plate” at the inaugural Columbus Clippers 5K Run & Walk on Saturday, September 23 at Huntington Park. Participants are invited to join in for a free party at the stadium after the race! Register today!
Grandview Hop in Grandview Heights
🛍 Visit Grandview Heights on August 26 and explore more than 120 pop-up shops and food trucks, along with live music, activities for kids, giveaways, and more from 5-9pm, there’s something for the entire family to enjoy!
The top 5 Things You Need to Know this June:
- Cheer on the Columbus Clippers and Columbus Crew at a home game in the Arena District
- The Columbus Summer Wine Festival is happening at McFerson Commons this month
- Secure your tickets for the Re:SET concert series at KEMBA Live!
- It’s time for the Battle of the Burgers at Boston’s Pizza
- Celebrate the dad in your life this Father’s Day at your favorite Arena District or Grandview Yard restaurant
Cheer on the Columbus Crew
⚽ The Columbus Crew have two home matches in June! Come out to Lower.com Field and support the Black and Gold as they take on Charlotte FC June 3, and Nashville SC June 24.
June Baseball at Huntington Park
⚾️ Take me out to the ball game! The Columbus Clippers are hosting two homestands in June. Celebrate the start of summer and cheer on the Clippers at one of their 9 home games at Huntington Park this month!
- June 6 – 11 | Columbus Clippers vs. Louisville Bats
- June 6: Dime-a-Dog Night
- June 10: Post-game fireworks set to the hits of one of your favorite musical artists
- June 28 – July 3 | Columbus Clippers vs. Toledo Mud Hens
Music in the City
🎤️ June is packed with must see entertainment at KEMBA Live! and Nationwide Arena. Here’s a look the artists performing in June:
- Barenaked Ladies at KEMBA Live! – June 2
- Louis Tomlinson at KEMBA Live! – June 6
- PIXIES at KEMBA Live! – June 12
- Brooks & Dunn at Nationwide Arena – June 16
- Riverfest 2023 at Nationwide Arena – June 24
- Zac Brown Band at Nationwide Arena – June 30
Secure your tickets to the Re:SET Concert Series at KEMBA Live! from June 23 – 25. The three-day outdoor music festival features four unique artists on the main stage each day. Columbus is one of 12 U.S. cities hosting the Re:SET concert series.
TICKET CONTEST ALERT
✨ Calling all Young the Giant fans! Enter at the link below for a chance to win 2 tickets to Young the Giant at KEMBA Live! on June 17. http://www.rafflecopter.com/rafl/display/942b676d149/?
Food & Drink
Father’s Day, the Columbus Way
🍺 Celebrate Father’s Day with Hofbrauhaus Columbus or Habaneros Tacos Tequila Mezcal. Surprise the father in your life with a growler from Hofbrauhaus Columbus or a gift card and dinner at Habaneros Tacos Tequila Mezcal.
Sip into Summer with Goodwood Brewing
🍹 Summer cocktails are arriving in June at Goodwood Brewing! Try out their 1908 Express, JamieO Mule, Pick-Your-Own Spritz, and their new cello options!
New Seasonal Menu at Boston’s Pizza
🍕 Visit Boston’s Pizza to try their new seasonal menu, dubbed The Battle of the Burgers. The new menu will include their Millionaire Burger, Breakfast Burger, Fried Chicken Sandwich, and a Whisky Root Beer Float.
Brunch with Moran’s Bar & Grille
🍳 On June 4, Moran’s Bar & Grille will be hosting a Sunday Brunch serving delicious dishes from classic pancakes to savory omelets.
Wraps are Back at Jimmy John’s
🥙 Starting in June, wraps are back for the summer at Jimmy John’s. Enjoy Chicken Caesar, Thai Chicken or Jalapeno Ranch Chicken wraps all summer long.
Events in the City
🌇 There’s plenty to do in the month of June. From art lovers to sports fans, there’s an event for you! With all event locations in or near the Arena District, you can fuel up or wind down at your favorite bar or restaurant close to the action. View the Arena District event calendar.
🏃🏽 Calling all runners! Sign up for the Columbus 10k taking place on June 4 along the downtown riverfront. Celebrate with a post-race party, live music, and a free beer after the finish line.
Columbus Arts Festival
🖼 June 9-11, enjoy art in the city at the Columbus Arts Festival – Ohio’s Mecca of Arts Festivals.
If you’re attending the Arts Festival, there is plenty of parking nearby in the Arena District.
Tour de Grandview
🚲 For biking lovers, the Tour de Grandview is back June 10! Every year, the Tour de Grandview Cycling Classic draws a diverse group of several hundred professional cyclists from around the world to central Ohio. Join cycling enthusiasts and spectators from across the Midwest to witness this exciting event.
Columbus Summer Wine Festival
🍷 On June 10, sip your way through the Columbus Summer Wine Festival. Featuring 25 vendors and located at the McFerson Commons in the Arena District, this festival is the perfect way to spend a Saturday. Wine enthusiasts can expect to taste some of the very best established and up-and-coming wine brands.
Happy Pride Month
🌈 Stonewall Columbus Pride Festival has worked to uplift LGBTQ+ identities in the Columbus community over the past 42 years. The 2023 Stonewall Columbus Pride Festival will be held on Friday, June 16 and Saturday, June 17 at Goodale Park; featuring over 200 nonprofit and corporate vendors, 2 performance stages, a wellness area, and a plethora of community resources. Learn more here.
Grandview Heights Summertime Night Market
🛍 On June 24, enjoy a shopping experience like no other at the Grandview Heights summertime night market. This night market is free to attend and open to all ages.
A special shout out goes to Grandview Heights, which was selected for Best Neighborhood!
The top 5 Things You Need to Know this July:
- Gear up for the return of Red, White & BOOM!
- Register for Hofbräuhaus’ Columbus Beer Run and Luau Party
- Head to Lower.com Field for a home Crew match this month
- Try out Rodizio Grill’s Grilling Season menu
- Check out the Columbus Cars & Coffee event in the Arena District
Support the Crew
⚽ Kick it with the Crew in July at their four home matches!
- July 1 at 7:30pm | Columbus vs. New York
- July 8 at 7:30pm | Columbus vs. New York City
- July 23 at 7:30pm | Columbus vs. St. Louis
- July 31 at 8:00pm | Columbus vs. América
To see the Crew’s full season schedule, click here.
Columbus Clippers July Games
⚾️ Batter up! Head to Huntington Park for a home game.
- July 1 – 3 | Columbus Clippers vs. Toledo Mud Hens
- July 14 – 16 | Columbus Clippers vs. Iowa Cubs
- Note: The July 15 game will have post-game fireworks!
- July 25 – 30 | Columbus Clippers vs. Omaha Storm Chasers
- July 25: Dime-a-Dog Night
- July 28: Sitcom Night with an appearance from Leslie David Baker, who played “Stanley Hudson” from The Office
- July 29: Post-game fireworks
🍻 Sip and stroll within the DORA! Before heading to a game or event, enjoy the Arena District’s Designated Outdoor Refreshment Area (DORA).
The Arena District DORA is activated three hours before the start of every event or home game taking place at Nationwide Arena, Huntington Park and Lower.com Field.
Purchase an alcoholic beverage to-go, served in a special DORA cup from participating locations, and enjoy a beverage within the DORA boundaries as you head to a game or event. Learn more about the Arena District DORA.
Music in July
🎵 There’s nothing better than great music in the summertime! It’s officially outdoor concert season at KEMBA Live! and the July entertainment schedule is packed with must-see artists! Here’s a look at what’s ahead:
- Dirty Heads at KEMBA Live! – July 9
- JINKX MONSOON at KEMBA Live! – July 11
- The Backseat Lovers at KEMBA Live! – July 23
- Orville Peck at KEMBA Live! – July 25
- GOVT Mule at KEMBA Live! – July 26
Food & Drink
It’s Grilling Season at Rodizio Grill
🔥 Rodizio Grill will be running a promotional menu called Grilling Season! Try out their seasonal menu items, which include Brazilian Style Pork Ribs, Pescado with Passion Fruit Sauce, Beef Brisket, Lemongrass Mango Soup (Chilled), and a variety of fresh salads.
Beer Run and Luau Party
🤙🏾 Time to put on your hula skirts and lace up your running shoes! Hofbräuhaus Columbus is hosting its Columbus Beer Run and Luau Party on July 15 in Grandview Yard. With craft beer sampling stations along the 1.5-mile course, it’s a fun run/walk through Grandview Yard and the party continues once you cross the finish line.
*All participants must be 21 years of age or older as of July 15, 2023.
Start Your Morning Off Right with Winans
🥤Stop by Winans Chocolates + Coffees + Wine in Grandview Yard for a refreshing taste of summer. Seasonal coffee beans are now available, including Blueberry Crumbcake, Cashew Buttercrunch, Swiss Almond, and Southern Pecan. Or, treat yourself and cool down with a drink from the summer menu:
Red, White & BOOM!
🎇 Gear up for the return of Columbus’ annual fireworks show, Red, White & BOOM! Happening on Monday, July 3, the Independence Day celebration will take place along the downtown riverfront. BOOM! is a FREE event which features a parade, street festival and two stages of live musical entertainment.
Park close to the action with convenient access to the freeway: Arena District Parking
Enjoy a meal on an Arena District patio before the fireworks show: Food & Drink
Columbus Cars & Coffee
🚘 Come out to Columbus Cars & Coffee on July 22 from 11am – 1pm to enjoy a FREE event featuring classic, exotic and collectible cars in a fun, family-friendly atmosphere.
🌃Grandview Heights summertime night market is back July 29. This community night market is free to attend and open to all ages to explore more than 50 local brick-and-mortar businesses, restaurants and boutiques as well as entertainment and late night specials.
🏃🏻 Sign up for the OhioHealth Grandview Yard Half Marathon, Quarter Marathon & 5k happening August 6th!
For registration and event information go to: https://rungrandviewyard.com/